9.17.2012

Long Beach

Matt signed up to run a half marathon in Long Beach Washington (nope, not sunny California).  We weren't sure what Long Beach would be like and thought we would make a quick trip and hurry back home after one night. But, the beach was gorgeous, the condos were so comfortable and nice, and the distance from home felt so good, so we extended the trip to stay the whole weekend. It was one of our most relaxing weekends all together, and was so needed!
There are a lot of photos in this post, but it was such gorgeous weather and there were so many smiles to photograph. And, since this is a family journal, here's where they go!

We rolled in Friday night, it was already dark and everybody was tired and sick of the car. We put Jack and Savannah in the second bedroom, each on their own twin bed. A couple hours later, Matt went to check on the kids before he and I went to sleep too. But, Jack wasn't in his bed! He found him sprawled out on Savannah's bed. He had fallen off of his skinny little bed and just clambered back onto whichever bed he came to first.  Such a DEEP sleeper. We all laughed and laughed about this picture all weekend.

Gearing up for this big town race.  Matt did awesome, came in second in his age bracket. We drove along the trail to catch several glimpses of dad running his race. 


After the race, we seriously spent about 2 hours just sitting in the hot tub and dipping in the pool.


Willow's favorite Adele song, Rolling in the Deep, was playing on the radio in our condo and she couldn't help dancing.


Anybody from Washington knows that a sunny beach day here in September is something to celebrate. I think the kids did a pretty good job taking it all in.





















Last night movie and ice cream.


After the picture of Jack asleep on Savannah's bed, Willow kept asking us to take her picture while she was asleep in her bed. As requested:


Last sunny day on the beach





Jack and Savannah look like a little couple in these pics with his arms around her, and her pink purse over her shoulder and Willow as the token child. Cracks me up. They're so cute.







We drove through Olympia on our way home and stopped at the Capitol building



This man had a purple car, all in honor of the Huskies. We had to get a picture with our own family Husky Cheerleader before we hopped back in our car for the final leg home.





2 comments:

  1. I miss the beaches! What a fun weekend, and I LOVE looking at all your beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love the heavy sleeper! I love the picture of Willow sleeping (as per request)! I love the ice cream picture! Morgan loves Jack in his KU shirt, and we love you all! I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete